Kevin

Senior Fisheman
Best Catch
12lbs
Boat
Charger
OutdoorHub
The New Pitchin’ Puppet from Northland Tackle

Northland Fishing Tackle has brought out its new Pitchin’ Puppet, vertical glide bait. While originally slated for a Spring 2024 release, angler demand has pushed the release forward to now. The Pitchin’ Puppet is a vertical glide jigging lure similar to the many others on the market except one big thing. This new lure has been purpose-made for use as a casting lure as well. Anglers for years have used vertical glide jigging lures are casting baits instead of just vertical jigging, but they are very prone to snagging due to their designs. The Pitchin’ Puppet solves this problem with some key changes, the first being the absence of a front hook. The rear hook is a wide gap hook matched with a treble hook on a split ring to avoid hook tangles. The body of the lure has a lead frame that is over-molded with resin for a durable translucent baitfish profile.

“I had glide baits in my ice fishing box and started playing with them in open-water pretty early on,” says Brosdahl. “They’ve put tons of fish in the boat for me and my clients over the years. However, the problem has always been that front nose hook, which tends to foul-hook as many fish as it catches, and frequently snags everything from rocks to wood to weeds. The original glide baits on the market were not designed for casting; they were designed for vertical jigging.”

Northland Tackle Pitchin’ Puppet Key Features

• Over-molded resin body and tail that’s extremely durable
  • Baitfish profile that looks like a live minnow
  • Wide-gap rear hook for better hooking percentages
  • Cast and retrieve or vertically jig to create a darting action like a dying minnow
  • 15 Colors
  • SIZES: 2-inch (5/16 oz.), 2-3/8-inch (5/8 oz.) and 2-3/4-inch (1 oz.)
  • MSRP $9.99
  • Available Now

The post The New Pitchin’ Puppet from Northland Tackle appeared first on OutdoorHub.

Continue reading...