Weird Issue With Trim/Tilt

Allyda

I loooove to fish and light the water on fire!!
While working on my boat today I used my rear trim/tilt switch to tilt my motor about 45 degrees to make things easier. Not once, but twice while sanding lower unit for paint job motor tilt just came on raising the motor without me touching the switch.

I got it back to normal twice by pushing switch to down a second then releasing it. I went back to my sanding, and about 20 minutes later this happened again. I got it to stop the same way again, then unhooked the battery to finish my sanding. :wallbash:

After I was through sanding hooked battery back up & tilted motor down for the night. Everything seemed OK for the 20 or so minutes it took me to put my tools away but motor was down in the trim range. Issue occurred with motor up in the tilt range. Still, I unhooked battery for the night to be on the safe side.:eek:

Anybody have this happen to them, or have an idea what could cause my trim/tilt to suddenly come on? :confused:

Both times I was sanding when it happened. Any ideas would be appreciated.:icon_beer2:

Thanks in advance