Who Can Claim the Economy is Bad With This Sales Tactic: BASS

N

Nightmare

Got this email today from BASS. It seems they felt entitled to go ahead and re-sign me up for more membership. First their email, then my reply, and finally theirs:

Dear INSERT NAME,

We have been unsuccessful at charging your credit card for your Bassmaster membership. Due to this problem we will have to cancel your membership. However, we hope this situation is just temporary.

PLEASE CLICK ON THIS URL TO UPDATE CREDIT CARD INFO:

https://r.espn.go.com/espn/bassmaster/updateCardForRenewal?productName=B
assmasterOnlineSubion&swid={06FBBEA4-F886-46DC-9835-637B2DDEBF69}&
CMP=EMC-UpdateCCEmail

If you feel there is no problem with your credit card, you might want to contact your bank or credit card company to investigate the situation.

The card in question is:
Last 4 Digits: XXXX
Expiration Date: XXX

Sincerely,
BASS Member Services Team

If you need assistance by phone please call 1-888-549-ESPN (3776) (Monday-Friday 6 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Pacific Time) or send email to ms_support@espn.go.com.

@@@@@@@ :eek:

I am unaware of any request I've made to renew membership and am therefore confused as to why you would be attempting to fraudulently charge my card.

Advise what the renewal amount would be and I will determine whether I need to pursue such renewal further.

This communication does not constitute an offer to renew my membership. Any further attempt to charge any credit card under my control will result in contact with the appropriate law enforcement agency to pursue a criminal investigation. Unauthorized use or theft of credit card information in my state is a felony, regardless of amount involved.

- INSERT NAME

@@@@@@@
Hello INSERT NAME,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please contact Bassmaster Member Services for assistance with your request. They can be reached at 1-877-BASS USA (227-7872) OPTION #2 Their hours of operation are: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST Friday 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST Saturday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. EST Closed Sundays

Thanks for visiting ESPN.com.

Regards,
Drew

ESPN.com Customer Care

@@@@@@@

Now, you'll note that I was given the choice of whether to contact them by phone or email. It appears that ole "Drew" determined that this just wasn't his cup a java to address after all.

Anybody else enjoy such "go-getter" renewal service? Better watch your credit card bills if you're doing business with them. I'm thinkin I'll just get a subscription to Bassin. Only reason I got this last subsc was I'd been away and they offered it for $10. Ain't got any better since I was last in......

:mad: