Your first time?

Dougw

I was sittin' here thinkin' - which is definately risky at best. Anyway... got to thinkin' about the first time I drove a HP boat. I started boating life with a Ranger bathtub w/stick steering n' 50hp 'rude. Piece of cake. Then came the 16' stratos w/70hp rude - piece of cake. Then came the 17'6" statos w/150 'rude - a little more but no big deal. Then... Gambler w/200. Well yeeehawww... I must'a looked like a stark ravin' maniac coming down the lake bouncin' from rail to rail at a whoppin' 65mph. More po'd than scared and determined to whupp this monster. I kept trying. I'd call Bob Ackerbloom and tell him "There is something wrong with this damn boat!!!" He'd say "Slow down till you learn to drive it!" BS... Ain't slowing down WFOT!!! Bouncing from rail to rail all the way... Then.... one day I raised the motor all the way to the top of the plate - just for the halibut, and dang... looked like I'd been drivin'em all my life. But... gettin' there wasn't fun and it wasn't easy! I can still manage to scare myself from time to time but it ain't 'nuttin' like in the beginning!

Anyboddies elses got a "first time" story?