Alaska - Fishing License Information


Lord of Tomfoolery
Apr 27, 2010
Bethlehem, Georgia

If you are looking for an Alaskan sport fishing, hunting or trapping license, a commercial crew license, a big game locking tag, State of Alaska duck stamp, king salmon stamp, drawing permit, McNeil River bear viewing permit, sport fish business owner/guide license or a Juneau area personal use king crab permit, you are in the correct place.

The following browsers are recommended for use with this site: Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. Currently Google Chrome is not supported.

Only Alaska sport fishing, hunting and trapping licenses, king salmon stamps (purchased WITH a fishing license) and general season harvest tickets can be printed at home. You may go out in the field immediately if no other items such as big game tags, permits, etc. are required. If you intend to purchase only a king salmon stamp because you already possess a fishing license, PLEASE NOTE THE KING SALMON STAMP ALONE CANNOT BE PRINTED.

King salmon stamps (purchased separately from a license), duck stamps, big game tags, subsistence and personal use fishing permits will be MAILED to you and you must have them in your possession to legally hunt and fish if they are required. Do NOT purchase these items online if you need them before they can reach you via the postal service.

If you are applying for an Alaskan sport fishing, hunting or trapping license, commercial crew license, big game locking tag, king salmon stamp, sport fish business owner/guide license or personal use/subsistence salmon permit, you must select a license year. A license is valid from January 1 through December 31 of the license year. Exceptions are trapping licenses and 1, 3, 7 or 14 day nonresident fishing licenses.

If you are only applying for draw permits, a State of Alaska duck stamp, or a Juneau area king crab permit, ignore the license year.